Another of our favorite starters here at Northern Comfort! This is super simple, but a great way to dress up cantaloupe — whether you’re looking for something special or have a not-quite-sweet enough melon on your hands.
- One Cantaloupe
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch cinnamon (around 1/8 teaspoon)
- High quality balsamic vinegar (dark chocolate or blackberry ginger are particularly tasty!)
- Use a melon baller or cut melon into cubes... aim for about 4 cups of melon. If you're a bit short fill in with berries -- strawberries and blueberries are particularly good!
- Whisk together lemon juice, honey and cinnamon. Toss fruit in glaze and let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Before serving, drizzle with balsamic vinegar -- our favorites are Dark Chocolate or Blackberry Ginger**
Ready for a stay at Northern Comfort? Check our availability and book your getaway! Also, please subscribe to Notes from the Farm, a monthly newsletter with a little gossip, recipes, pictures and special online offers for the B&B and our gift shop.