Northern Lights Room -- Shabby Chic and Sweet
The Northern Lights room is bright and full of light with touches of the sea, shabby chic furniture, mismatched patterns and touches of red and pale green. This is our smallest room, but is the favorite of many of our guests! Northern Lights guests have use of the large, airy shared bath just down the hall.
Note: All rates are for single or double occupancy. This room sleeps two adults in a queen bed.
Check Availability - Northern Lights Room
Enjoy a stay on our farm
Northern Comfort is a perfect retreat on Minnesota's Iron Range. Spend your days enjoying the great Northwoods recreation options and rich history. Come back to the farm and relax in front of the fire with a good book and a cup of tea. Take advantage of our traditional wood-fired sauna, explore the farm on paths cut through our pastures and winding under our favorite apple tree. Relax in the screened gazebo with a glass of wine and enjoy the sunset. Get a great night's sleep and enjoy our gourmet farm breakfasts.
Breakfast on the Farm
Start your morning with Starbucks coffee in the living room while we finish up breakfast. First course is served promptly at 9 a.m., followed by the main entree. Some guest favorites include
- House-made granola with strawberry jam, Greek yogurt, chocolate shavings and brown sugar
- Wild blueberry and buttermilk scones with homemade preserves and whipped cream
- Honey and cinnamon cantaloupe with chocolate balsamic drizzle
- Quiche Lorraine with parmesan potato nests
- Buttermilk pancakes with local sausage from Bear Creek Acres
- Cottage Pie with homemade bread
- Starbuck's coffee, herbal teas or hot cocoa
- Bottled water
We make an effort to serve local ingredients whenever possible. We are also able to accommodate food allergies or concerns. Please bring any dietary needs to our attention when you make your reservation. Special charges may apply.
- Wireless Internet
- Plush robes
- Handpoured soaps
- Books, games, puzzles, magazines
- Hair dryers
- Iron/ironing board
- Guest refrigerator for perishables
- Popcorn, hot tea, cocoa, and bottled water
Rejuvenate in our traditional wood-burning Finnish Sauna ($15 per room per night.) An important part of life for Finnish people, the sauna is a place where one can relax both physically and mentally. You may also arrange for an on-site massage (by appointment).