The Northern Minnesota Room — A Rustic, Elegant Hideaway
The Northern Minnesota room is our most secluded room. With rustic pine paneling, white drapes and windows on three sides, we’ve always thought this room reminded us a little of a treehouse. This room is separated from the other guest rooms by the shared bath, conveniently located just next door. Decorated with a mix of timeworn vintage and antique furniture, understated damask linens and crisp floor length drapes, this room is a great place to getaway. The view takes in our 1930’s dairy barn, charming sauna and the giant sugar maple next to the gazebo.
Note on the Northern Minnesota room: many guests have trouble getting wifi reception in this room. If it’s important to you to be able to surf while in your room, we suggest checking out any of our other rooms!
All rates are for single or double occupancy. This room sleeps two adults in a queen bed.
Breakfast on the Farm
Start your morning with Starbucks coffee in the living room while we finish up breakfast. First course is served promptly at 9 a.m., followed by the main entree. Some guest favorites include
- House-made granola with strawberry jam, Greek yogurt, chocolate shavings and brown sugar
- Wild blueberry and buttermilk scones with homemade preserves and whipped cream
- Honey and cinnamon cantaloupe with chocolate balsamic drizzle
- Quiche Lorraine with parmesan potato nests
- Buttermilk pancakes with local sausage from Bear Creek Acres
- Cottage Pie with homemade bread
- Starbuck’s coffee, herbal teas or hot cocoa
- Bottled water
We make an effort to serve local ingredients whenever possible. We are also able to accommodate food allergies or concerns. Please bring any dietary needs to our attention when you make your reservation. Special charges may apply.
- Wireless Internet
- Plush robes
- Handpoured soaps
- Books, games, puzzles, magazines
- Hair dryers
- Iron/ironing board
- Guest refrigerator for perishables
- Popcorn, hot tea, cocoa, and bottled water
Rejuvenate in our traditional wood-burning Finnish Sauna ($15 per room per night.) An important part of life for Finnish people, the sauna is a place where one can relax both physically and mentally. You may also arrange for an on-site massage (by appointment).